Little Rock Lawyer for Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord is a group of nerves that is protected by the spinal column. These nerves send messages back and forth between the brain and the rest of the body, but an injury to this area can disrupt this communication. Spinal cord injuries can lead to devastating, long-term or permanent consequences, including partial or total paralysis. Fortunately, help is available for spinal cord injury victims.
If you have sustained a spinal cord injury, let the personal injury attorneys at Denton & Zachary, PLLC aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf. Filing a personal injury claim cannot undo the damage caused by a spinal cord injury, but it can help you secure the compensation you need to pay medical bills and move forward in your life.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Little Rock?
Spinal cord injuries typically occur as a result of a blow to the spine that is powerful enough to fracture, crush, shatter, or compress the spinal column. Some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries include:
If your injury occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation.
What Should I Expect After Filing A Spinal Cord Injury Claim?
There are many different steps involved in the process of recovering compensation for a spinal cord injury. Here’s a brief overview of what you should expect:
- Hire an attorney to handle your personal injury claim.
- Your attorney will conduct an investigation into how your injury occurred in order to gather evidence that can be used to support your claim.
- You should follow your doctor’s orders while your attorney investigates your claim.
- Your attorney will calculate the value of your claim once you have either fully recovered or reached the state where no further improvement is expected.
- Your attorney will begin negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Your attorney may reach a settlement with the insurance company. But if this is not possible, your attorney will file a lawsuit and take your case to court.
- If a lawsuit is filed, your attorney will present a strong case that convinces the jury to rule in your favor.
From the start to the finish, our attorneys will stand by your side and fight for the compensation you are entitled to by law.
What Damages Can I Recover In A Spinal Cord Injury Case?
The spinal cord injury lawyers at Denton & Zachary, PLLC will fight to ensure you are fully compensated by the at-fault party. As a spinal cord injury victim, you are entitled to compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
- Home modifications
- Wheelchairs, walkers, and other types of equipment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The value of your case will vary depending on the severity of your injury, the impact it has had on your life, and the long-term consequences of your injury. Each case is unique, but in general, spinal cord injury claims are high-value cases. Talk to the spinal injury lawyers at Denton & Zachary, PLLC to find out how much your case is worth.
How Long Do I Have to File A Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit in Arkansas?
The amount of time you will have to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit in Arkansas will vary depending on how the injury occurred. The statute of limitations on most personal injury claims is three years in Arkansas. For example, if you suffer a spinal cord injury in a car accident, you would have three years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. This three-year deadline applies to most spinal cord injury cases, including those involving motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and slip and falls.
However, the statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims is two years. If you suffered a spinal cord injury due to a healthcare provider’s negligence, you have two years from the date the malpractice occurred to file a lawsuit.
It’s important to take legal action before this deadline passes. If you don’t, you could lose the right to recover compensation for your spinal cord injury.
Schedule A Free Case Evaluation With Our Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Today
Have you suffered a spinal cord injury? Make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries by seeking legal representation from the experienced spinal cord attorneys at Denton & Zachary, PLLC. Our personal injury lawyers will work tirelessly to help you recover as much compensation as possible. To schedule a free consultation, call 501-273-1695 or submit your information using the form on this website.