Representing Brain Injury Victims in Arkansas
If you or a loved one have suffered from a brain injury, you may deserve financial compensation. The Denton & Zachary brain injury lawyers can represent you in the claims process. Contact us today to review your claim.
A traumatic brain injury interrupts brain function. Even with no visible outside injuries, a brain injury can severely interrupt daily life. The victim may deserve compensation for their injuries and harm.
You can get justice for your brain injury claim. Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Call us at 501-273-1695 or send us a message today to start your case.
Compensation for a Brain Injury
When the actions of another person or party results in injury, those responsible must pay compensation to the victim. The most common legal ground for brain injury compensation is negligence. Negligence is a failure to act with reasonable care.
To receive damages for a brain injury, the other party doesn’t have to act intentionally, although purposeful actions can be the basis of a claim. It’s often enough that the other party didn’t act with sufficient care and caution in a way that caused the injury.
Our Arkansas brain injury lawyers pursue every avenue to establish fault and claim the compensation that you may deserve.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are a lot of different injuries and harms that can fall under the category of brain injury. Some types of traumatic brain injuries that can be the basis of compensation are:
- Blunt force trauma
- Piercing of a sharp object
- Loss of oxygen/Carbon monoxide poisoning (similar effects to traumatic brain injury)
A traumatic brain injury is one that is not hereditary or congenital. It is a sudden trauma that causes damage to the brain. Brain injuries can cause a host of problems including cognitive difficulties, speech impairment, mobility limitations and sensory issues, to name a few.
If you’re a victim, you deserve compensation for all the ways that your injury may impact you. Our lawyers are committed to fighting for fair compensation for brain injury victims. We invite you to contact us to learn more about how we work for justice on behalf of victims and their families.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
There are several ways that a brain injury can occur. Here are some ways that a brain injury may occur that can result in a legal claim:
- Car accidents
- Boating and aviation accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sports injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Amusement park incidents
- Assault and battery
- Slip and falls
- Defective products
- Electric shock
- Infectious disease
When someone else or a corporation is responsible for causing a brain injury, they owe the victim compensation for the losses associated with their case. The victim may claim for medical bills, future care needs, pain and suffering and other types of losses.
Fair Compensation for a Brain Injury
When a person suffers minor injuries in an accident, determining their compensation is quite simple. They receive medical treatment for a short term. Their losses are known.
In the case of a brain injury, it’s more complex. The long-term implications of a brain injury aren’t immediately known.
To receive fair compensation, many questions need to be answered:
- How has the brain been damaged? What are the implications for day-to-day life?
- Can the brain injury improve? What treatment is needed to achieve improvement?
- How is the injury going to impact the ability to work and career?
- Do I need help with personal care? What level of nursing care do I need?
- Is physical therapy a possibility? What will the cost of physical therapy be in the future?
- Can I benefit from mobility assistance devices? Are there other technologies that can improve my day-to-day life?
- Are there complications that are expected to arise in the future?
- To what extent will I have pain and suffering because of my injuries?
When a brain injury occurs, so much is unknown. The victim needs to thoroughly understand their physical injuries, their long-term needs and the cost associated with their medical care needs.
In addition, the brain injury is just one of the injuries that a victim may suffer. The compensation that a person receives should reflect all their injuries and damages.
Why Choose Our Experienced Arkansas Brain Injury Lawyers?
The Denton & Zachary PLLC law firm represents brain injury victims throughout Arkansas. We are experienced injury attorneys. It’s our mission to see that every victim and their family have competent and dedicated legal representation. When corporations and insurance companies have teams of lawyers representing them, we’re proud to represent “the little guy.”
People choose our law firm for their brain injury claims because we work tirelessly for your rights and best interests. Highlights of our law firm include:
- Commitment to the best legal strategy for you. We personalize our representation to your needs.
- Thorough investigation and case development. Our team knows the long-term medical implications of a brain injury. We thoroughly develop the medical evidence.
- Recognition from Super Lawyer and the National Trial Lawyers Association for excellence in legal advocacy.
- A law firm dedicated to injury claims and the needs of victims. This focus gives us the knowledge and resources to get real results.
- Free consultations. There’s no cost to learn more about your legal case and how our representation works.
- Contingency fees. A contingency fee means that we don’t charge for our representation unless you have compensation. You’re guaranteed to receive a payment or you don’t owe us anything for representing you.
- Communication throughout your case, so that you always know your case status.
It’s our goal to represent you in the best possible way. That means working diligently to build the evidence. We explain your options and counsel you throughout the case. It’s our goal for you to have the best experience in the legal system that ultimately results in justice and the compensation that you deserve.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultations
The Denton & Zachary, PLLC brain injury lawyers are taking new cases throughout Arkansas. Time is limited, so don’t wait to start your case today. Call 501-273-1695 or message us online today to get started.